The Arts Centre

Hello everyone! I hope you have all had an amazing week. It’s coming towards the end of February now and that means one more month closer to September. That means its one more month closer to fresher’s week (mark it on your calendars). As prospective university students or you’re a student who missed fresher’s this academic year I can honestly say it was one of the best weeks in regard to nightlife on campus.  From specialised theme nights to paint parties to foam parties or even a silent disco (I had never heard of one before uni), it is definitely a week worth attending.

Something in which people see university as is a drunken mess of hungover students topping up their systems with more alcohol day in and day out, perhaps making pizza at 3 am and powering through those 9am lectures. For many people, myself included, there are nights where i’d just like to do something different. Something fun and perhaps something out of the box.

One of the great things about campus is the arts centre. It holds a free film showing in the on campus cinema every Friday. I even got to watch Jurassic World again in full cinematic view which I can honestly say was epic. Not only that they also have open mic night. A night where people can showcase their talents and perform by singing, dancing or playing an instrument. Not only that they also have dramatic shows run by the drama society.

https://www.edgehill.ac.uk/artscentre/

If you yourself are interested in anything at the art centre, just follow the link above to find out whats on and when.

There are so many things in which people can attend to break up that week of lectures and late nights. I say, and I can honestly say it is one of the best decisions you can possible choose from time to time is by attending different things to ensure you get the true university experience.

Have a great week guys

J.x