BIG news…

Hi guys,

How are you? I’m super good, like really good, ahhhhhhh.

Right, well for months I have been trying to decide what to do after uni (and I mean it’s right around the corner so I really needed to get going on plans) and I’ve finally found it. I’M GOING TO CAPE TOWN, AHHHHHHHHHHHH! How amazing. Basically I’m volunteering in a hospital for just under three months and doing that really student-y thing of trying to ‘find myself’ (ha, cringe). But yeah, it’s all booked and I’m uber excited to get going. BUT until then, I have to first get the grades I wan and graduate, so no biggie ahaha.

University is the best place in the world to work out who you are and what you love (again, cringe) but that’s the truth. EHU has especially helped me in finding out what I think about things and what I don’t. My course, sociology, especially makes me question everything, from tv soaps all the way to world politics. I usually walk into seminars or lectures having a solid opinion on something, and then two hours later I walk back out with a completely different stance on the world. You meet people at uni from all over the country and world, with different backgrounds, opinions and beliefs. To be honest sometimes this can cause clashes, however, I find that debating nights have brought some of the best nights, followed of course by ‘agree to disagree’ drinks. You find independence on a whole new level, from cooking what you what, when you want, to opening bank accounts, putting deposits down on a house and staying out to all hours (and then finding the dedication to go that 9 am lecture ahah),

EHU helps shape who you become (overload on cringe today, I am really sorry!). The University provides a range of supportive systems to encourage students to meet their potential. Supportive staff, from tutors, course leaders and the student support team and in place to help any student at any time. Then you’ve got peer help, such as student mentors and class reps who are always willing to listen to students needs. When you’re having a bad day, always remember that everyone at EHU are working to help you. Their job is literally in place to make sure you get the best experience, so don’t hesitate to ask for help if you need it.

Hope your studies are going well and you’re starting to get excited for September!

Until next time…