First Impressions

Hi Everyone!

Since the start of the second semester I’ve really started to reflect on my time at uni so far. It doesn’t seem that long ago I was nervously awaiting my A Level exam results, and ever since then life has been a little bit crazy.

Getting into the university you really want to be at is one of the happiest moments of your life. I stayed up the entire night beforehand and had cake for breakfast to celebrate my results!

Then there’s always that little bit of nervous anticipation about what life is going to be like once you move to uni. It’s a big step, so this is only natural and you will have heard it a million times by now I know, but everyone is in the same boat as you.

So first impressions. They are pretty important, but nothing to be worried about! When I first moved in to my accommodation I was scared about meeting my new flatmates, but everyone was so friendly and we all get along really well.

I still remember everything that I did in the first week, and I know this is common amongst Freshers. From the nights out, the lectures, that very first seminar and the really awkward department socials!

The English department held a quiz for us all, with prizes for the top three teams, and the losers. It was a great way to meet people from my subject, and from other subjects across the department. Let’s not forget to mention it will be the first time you the tutors who will be teaching you over the course of your degree.

The best advice I can give is to just throw yourself in to everything you possibly can! At Freshers Fair sign up for as many societies that interest you (there will be a lot) this is a great way to meet new people, create long lasting friendships and try something exciting and different too.

When I first came to uni I thought it would be really hard to make friends. But there are so many people from so many places here that meeting someone with the same interests as you is as easy as possible!

And trust me, before long you will be at the end of your first year looking back at all the great memories you’ve made.

Quote for the day: “Nothing is ever really lost to us as long as we remember it.” The Story Girl –L.M. Montgomery.

Until next time guys, bye! 🙂