Make 2016 A Great Year!

Hey everyone!

Hope you are all having an amazing New Year. I know a lot of you have already started getting offers, so congratulations and good luck to anyone awaiting university offers 🙂

I’m not usually a person who makes New Years Resolutions, but this year I have tried to make a few changes to make life that little bit easier.

This year I’ve decided organisation is key. My christmas gifts all revolved around uni. I got cute notebooks, pens, storage boxes for my room and a calendar or two so I can track everything that I need to do.

Might sound a little boring to you now, but little gifts like that can be super helpful. And often not something you’d think about getting for yourself.

I’m currently filling in my calendar with all my assignment deadlines, lectures, seminars and (thankfully) a few social events. It can really help reduce stress levels, and it’s useful to have a visual reminder of important dates.

A fresh year is a great time for a fresh start, you can try out new things, experiment and find things that suit you.

Another thing that really helps you with that is university. Since I came to Edge Hill I’ve studied things I never even thought of (how many English Lit students do you know who study comics?) and met people I never would have met at home.

Coming to university is definitely a challenge, but it’s also super rewarding. The happiest moment is when you finally hand in that essay you’ve been working on for a few weeks, or when you did the reading for the week and actually understand some of the more advanced points in the lecture.

As with most things in life, you get out what you put in. So put in some time, dedication and organisation and just watch how much easier things get. Trust me, that’s a great tip for A-Level exams and BTEC assignments too!

Quote for the day: “‎Determination, effort, and practice are rewarded with success.” The Perfect Bride for Mr Darcy. Mary Lydon Simonsen

Hope you all have a great week, there are many more to come!

Until next time. . . 🙂