What to Cook?

Hello everyone! I hope you have all had an amazing Christmas break doing what ever you’ve been doing with family and friends! Battling the sales discounts! Consuming all the discounted chocolate with your hearts content. With the holiday season coming to a close I hope you have all received much fun and love over the break. Never the less; If, like myself all you have gained over the break is weight, I have come up with some simple and easy meals you can make.

Spaghetti Bolognese

Speaking from experience, this meal is something quick and easy to prepare. Try something new for a change! What I really enjoy doing is putting my headphones in, listening to music and cooking in my own little world. Just remember to keep an eye out for the food burning. Also, speaking from experience the smoke alarm is very sensitive. There is nothing worse than trying to find shoes and a coat whilst it’s pouring rain or gale force winds and you have to walk to your safety point. Avoid setting the smoke alarm off at all cost. It is officially the walk of shame!

chicken stir fry

This meal works hand in hand with the massive wok you brought with you to uni. If you don’t have one id personally drop everything you have planned and make it your number one priority. They are worth every penny. £21.00

Tomato and Basil Soup

It’s also a good idea to know how to make a nice soup when you’re at university. With freshers being a big part of the first week experience, freshers flu creeps up on you rather quick. To counter act those awful couple of days, theres nothing better than a home made soup to make you feel that little less like death.

instantnoodlesThe last meal I could suggest from my food arsenal would have to be the one and only, flavoursome, reasonably priced instant noodles. There will come a time where the end of the month is too far aw
ay and the next student loan seems like only a forgotten dream! You will be either in the library or working on that assignment and have very little time to make the exciting meals above and so the only logical meal to make is… Instant noodles. I strongly believe instant noodles or insta for short are the meaning of university! For 15 pence a packet and noodles that cook in 2 minutes f
lat, who could turn down such an offer?