It’s Christmas Already???

So semester one has come to an end and Christmas is just around the corner. It is that time of year again to spend time with your family and friends and just earn that well deserved rest after the first 12 weeks of uni. Its been a shock to the system and my sleeping pattern, well, I don’t think I ever had one to begin with, never the less, I can honestly say it has been amazing experience so far. If you’re in the situation that I was in last year where you’re on the edge of coming to university, you will not regret your decision.

One of the greatest things about Edge Hill University would have to be the groups and societies that we all have at our fingertips. Have you ever wanted to try something new but not had the opportunity to do so? Well the great thing about this university is the diversity of societies it has to offer and if you can think of something, well, there is a high probability that it runs it.

From my experience, I was overwhelmed by the amount of choice there was to offer when I went to the freshers fair and saw all the clubs running, I mean come on… Harry Potter? No other devoted fan could refuse an offer like that. Having a Harry Potter marathon running over 24 hours also… That was a challenge one too difficult to refuse.

Sport is a large part of the groups that Edge Hill have to offer also and I personally think it is a great way to introduce and embrace yourself into campus life. Sport is an excellent way to make friends, keep healthy and enhance that CV to stand out from the pile. There is basketball, football, rugby, american football and even ultimate frisbee and that’s just a small amount that I can think of. If you can think of a sport or activity that you would like to participate in, Edge Hill has that opportunity.

Above is a video explaining about the new sports centre and even a gym.

If, like myself you prefer extra fries instead of exercise then fear no more because there are a33cf99f3208b4e4fb1af4b6bcd4d343many other societies available. From Harry to hockey there are a so many to choose from and something which I find amazing is the cultural and social aspect that each one has to offer. Come January I will probably find myself trying new things, meeting new people and in all honesty, aside from assignments, exams and beans on toast with a side of noodles, that is what I believe university to be about.

Any way, I hope you all have a fabulous Christmas and an Amazing New Year!!!!!

J. x