Receiving your offer

The UCAS deadline is approaching and I think it was around this time last year I had received my offer from Edge Hill to study Law. I remember being incredibly excited! I actually got all five of my university offers but Edge Hill was the one I really wanted, as soon as the offer came through I wanted to make it my firm choice straight away. I had attended an open day prior to receiving my offer and it really helped me make my decision.

I think personally visiting the campus is the best way to make a decision about whether or not you would like to study here. It really helps you to get a feel for the place. I remember walking into the law/business school and instantly thinking ‘I want to study here’. I didn’t get that feeling at any other university I visited so I knew Edge Hill was the one. The campus speaks for itself, it’s absolutely beautiful and everything is really close together too so you don’t have to walk miles to go to your lectures.

After receiving my offer I was invited to attend an applicant day. When I first received the email about this I felt apprehensive, suddenly everything seemed real and I still felt like I wasn’t old enough to be going to university. Nevertheless I attended and I am so glad I did. The whole day was really well organised and very informative. I had the opportunity to attend a lesson to get a feel for what it would be like to study here. I really enjoyed it and as soon as I got home that evening I made Edge Hill my firm choice.

My advice would be to make the most of the open days and applicant days that are on offer to you, even if you think you saw everything you wanted to see at an open day, I would still recommend going to an applicant day because it is more tailored to your course. Applicant days are also a great way to meet people who could be on your course.