Putting on my first production

So I have been very passionate about performing since a young age but I had never actually put on a show before now. As I have mentioned in previous blogs I am the Vice President of the society Encore Productions where we produce plays to show to the public.

This weekend we have performed our first one ‘The Mathew Shepherd Story’ and I honestly can’t express how happy I am with the outcome. It really does show that you can achieve anything you put your mind to. It has not been an easy ride to say the least but everyone has pulled together and we did it!

I think often people forget how much hard work and effort goes into a show. Remember when you set out to do something there will be challenges and struggles that you will have to overcome. There have been blood, sweat and tears for the past six weeks but the feedback and reactions that we got made it all worth it. I honestly feel like a proud mother right now!

At the start we had a lot of difficulties with getting the dates sorted and ensuring that everyone was on board but after this, Edge Hill have been so supportive. All the staff have been helping us out with the different aspects, making sure that we don’t forget anything and on the plus side I’ve even learnt how to do a risk assessment!

One thing that I will take away with me from this experience is to believe. There have been so many moments where I have wanted to give up but with everyone else’s support I haven’t. It made me realise that you shouldn’t let anything stop you from achieving. You have the right to do whatever you want to do, so go and do it!

FromĀ the actors and dancers to family and friends putting up with me stressing day in and day out hoping that the show will come together, I couldn’t have done it without any of you.

So that just leaves me to say thank you and also to remind you to follow your dreamsĀ I know it’s cliche but it’s true. If you want something you go and get it, no one will stop you but you! Make the most of every opportunity and make the world your own!

FullSizeRender