Student Support

This week I’ve been asked a few questions by the current fresher’s since I’m a student mentor for one of the seminar groups of first year Computing students – these questions have been quite generic but it’s something that I feel could be covered in a blog for other people to use in the future.

One of the most frequently asked questions is to do with campus wi-fi and online gaming since they are Computing students. If you have any questions about anything related with IT, then I would suggest you go to the IT Helpdesk which is located upstairs in the Durning Centre towards the rear of the campus. They can help you with any general questions, as well as more specific questions like installing software in halls or fixing devices etc.

The SIC is the main location for people to go if they have any questions – in the SIC you can find people who can help with things like finance, accommodation, student support, disabilities and careers advice. I have been to the SIC quite a few times to ask for my CV to be checked over by somebody before applying for a job, or to ask a question about accommodation for my current house.

Something that I am really proud of is that Edge Hill is an incredibly supportive and friendly university – if you are looking to join a university that has a fantastic reputation then I would seriously recommend EHU!

If you have any further questions or are curious about anything, click here for more information on the website, or alternatively do not hesitate to get in touch with the university and they will point you in the direction of someone who is more specialised to help with your situation. Best of luck with everything! 🙂