Congratulations Freshers!

A big hello to all you brand new Edge Hill freshers out there! Well done for working hard and getting your place here! My three years at Edge Hill have been full of so many happy memories and now I am walking away with a fabulous degree from the University of the Year  2014! You have so many great things ahead of you and I bet you can’t wait to get started.

Before you have to get stuck in to all the hard work though there is of course Freshers Week! In case you haven’t seen it already, I’ll stick the line up below. I am especially jealous of the headphone disco on Saturday; during my freshers week we had one of those and it was such a blast! The Freshers Carnival also sounds like it will be loads of fun!

As exciting as all of that is, freshers week isn’t just about going out and drinking loads. For a lot of people, myself included, that wasn’t even really a big part. I went to a fair few freshers week events, but I spent the majority of my time meeting new people and hanging out with them. I’m not really someone who enjoys going out clubbing a lot (not that there’s anything wrong with that!) so it was nice just to take a few nights off and have an evening in at my flat with my new friends. There’s also probably a few talks that you will have to attend related to your course, as well as talks about things like finance and accommodation. You’ll get given information about these before long!

Freshers week is also a great chance to get to know the local area if you’re not familiar with it. It’s definitely worth trying out a few places in Ormskirk, and don’t leave it too long before you travel to Liverpool because there’s lots of fun to be had there!

Edge Hill University is a truly special university with an amazing campus, so I hope all of you love it just as much as I do!