‘Twas the Night Before Results Day…

…When all through the house, not a student was sleeping…because they were all far too nervous!

So tomorrow is the big day. In less than 24 hours Edge Hill University will have a brand new set of students ready to start in September. This is so incredibly exciting! Although I imagine the butterflies are starting set in properly by now! Tomorrow will probably be a day you remember forever, hopefully for the right reasons.

There’s nothing that I can say that will make tomorrow seem less scary, that’s only going to happen when you’ve finally been able to check Track and look at your exam results. But if you have any room in your head right now for something other than worrying about results and university places, it should be that these things are not the end of the world. They don’t define who you are and they don’t necessarily ensure that your life will go a certain way. Don’t get me wrong, getting great results and a place at your university of choice is an amazing achievement that should definitely be celebrated, but when it comes down to it, there’s more to life than some words and numbers on a page.

If you’re looking for any last minute advice from me, I’d say to make sure you’re well aware of all the possible outcomes tomorrow. You can read up on how to understand Track on the UCAS website. UCAS also have a really useful results page. Another tip is that you should have all your login details at hand, because there’s nothing worse than finding that Track is finally open only to realise that you’ve forgotten your username. ¬†You might also want to refresh yourself on the conditions of your offer from your university of choice (if you received a Conditional Offer), so that you know right away whether or not you’ve met it when you see your results .

I am so nervous for you all, but I know that tomorrow will bring so much happiness to so many people which is so wonderful to celebrate. Best of luck!!!