A Level Results Day: What to Expect

It’s just over a week until A Level results day and so I imagine that for a lot of you the nerves are well and truly setting in. I won’t lie to you: it’s a big day, and if you’re waiting to hear whether you’ve got a place at university, it could be a day that changes your life forever. But this doesn’t mean that you have to be terrified; it is also a really exciting day, and regardless of what results you get or which university you get in to, you should be proud of everything you’ve achieved. Making it through A Levels is not an easy thing to accomplish, and I still consider it to be one of the toughest points of my education.

So what’s going to happen on results day? Well, if you’re anything like me you won’t get a lot of sleep the night before and will be up at the crack of dawn refreshing the UCAS results page just in case. They do normally update the results page a little earlier than they say they will, but there’s not much point sitting in front of your computer in the dead of night. Track will be available from around 8:00am, at which point you will be able to see the status of your university application. Hopefully, it’ll be good news all round! But if not,  try to stay calm; this doesn’t mean that you’re definitely not going to university. Clearing is a wonderful option (I have a lot of friends who found their universities through Clearing and they couldn’t be happier). Visit the UCAS page that explains what your status on Track means if you’re unsure.

A few hours later your colleges/Sixth Forms probably open for you to go and collect your envelope containing your final results (although I know some exam boards now publish results online from midnight). This will be a chance to thank your tutors and to celebrate with friends. However it’s also an opportunity to ask any questions or get any help from members of staff who are very in the know and will be able to help you, especially if you find yourself in Clearing.

Results day will probably be stressful, but it should also be joyous! I am keeping my fingers crossed for you all!