Goodbye

Well guys, this is my final blog! I thought I would just dedicate my last blog to reflect on my time at Edge Hill.

I came to Edge Hill in my first year as an 18-year-old young girl, who wouldn’t even think of even staying away from home for more than a week! But then, I spent months at a time away from home, at first admittedly missing my family (especially my dog!) and then by the time I was able to sit and think, it was Christmas and I had my first exam to prepare for, when I came back! My first exam at uni and I gained a 1st! Then I decided I was applying to go to America for 3 months to work in an office, with Camp Leaders. The most unforgettable experience of my life.

Then came along second year, then 19, and more life wise. Not quite as much partying as first year I have to say! Living in a house is very different to halls, this was the year I learned about bills, cleaning, and true friendships, both good and bad. Second year was extremely tough for me, a close family member was suffering from cancer, and during my exams in May it became clear that her time was coming to an end. Getting through my exams were extremely difficult, but knowing I had the support of my friends and family really got me through. I was lucky enough to have a two-week placement straight after my exams in a law firm, where that also became a challenge as during my time there, she passed away.

My third year, as a 20-year-old strong-headed woman was by far the most challenging. For me, I knew that Child and Family law was the area that I wished to specialise in. I’ve never worked so hard for my degree as I did in my final year.

I am extremely proud of my self to say that I have Graduated with a 2:1 in Law from the University of the Year, Edge Hill. I have achieved so much, and to say that I have made my family proud is one of the best feelings I have ever felt.

Good luck to all you potential Edge Hill students, do your best and make your time at Edge Hill the best it could possibly be, it will all be so worth it.

Family :)
Family 🙂