Food, glorious food…

So coming to uni is great… until you realise you aren’t Gordon Ramsey or your mum. If you’re like me and can cook a little (but are limited by choice), then you’re doing better than half your roommates, who can’t even make scrambled eggs.

When coming to uni, cooking can be a challenge. Some days you don’t mind eating dry pasta and cheese, or beans on toast… but other days all you want is home cooking or a takeaway. So here’s a few suggestions:

1. If you’re not a great cook and hate the majority of meals you make, then it might be worth your while buying ready meals, or trying simple recipes. I’d opt for beans on toast if it all goes wrong.

2. As much as it is annoying having to buy loads of ingredients to make a dish, rather than buy a simple ready meal… in the long run it will work out cheaper (and if you’re constantly trying to lose weight like me, a lot healthier too).

3. Why not treat yourself every month? Promise yourself that you will put a few pounds a side every week and then either go out for a meal or order a takeaway in. This way all those boiled eggs and saving money will be worth it.

I’m sure after a few weeks you’ll have your eating habits sorted and if not don’t worry… Christmas break is just around the corner!

Until next time…:)