Coming to uni

For me, I came to University with my boyfriend who I met in college. We both studied Law at A Level and both wanted to carry on with it at degree level. We both had our own options for which universities that we wanted to study at, and it just so happened Edge Hill was the one we had in common, and both got accepted into.

Throughout education when looking at which high schools and colleges to go to, I’ve always been told by teachers to not pick the ones that our friends go to. But, for us it wasn’t like that, we didn’t pick it because we wanted to stay together, we both knew that law was what we were interested in and Edge Hill felt like a second home to us!

For me, coming to University with a boyfriend hasn’t stopped me from doing what I’ve wanted. It’s been useful to have someone so close who is going through the same thing as me, to talk to and of course when it comes to exams, it’s great to revise together.

I appreciate this blog may not apply to everyone reading this, but for those of you who are going through a similar situation and are worried if it will distract you or get in the way of your uni experience…I personally wouldn’t change the way my three years have gone at uni, I managed to complete my degree with my best friend by my side.

This slideshow requires JavaScript.

“Everything happens for a reason”