Graduation Incoming

The deadline for booking to attend the summer Graduations from July 20 has arrived, so now it’s time to prepare for the ceremony!

The booking is done online, and there is a guarantee of two guest places, with a chance of additional guests. Then after that comes the ordering of the robes, which costs up to £42 for hire and £335 for purchase, and of which requires the height, chest size, and hat size of the graduand. Formal clothing underneath, and especially comfortable shoes for the stairs, are recommended. There’s also the issue of travel, as even though there’s a large car park on campus, visitors can travel into Ormskirk via Train or by Coach – It’s always good to arrive around two hours prior to the ceremony starting.

Having worked at last year’s graduations, I know that a buffet is served afterwards in the Hub, and me and my colleagues give out Alumni bags to new graduates which contain information about joining the Alumni newsletter so that grads can stay in touch with the university. If a guest cannot attend, then usually the graduations are filmed then uploaded online.

I am working at this year’s Summer graduations as well, so I guess it’s a double whammy of leaving Uni and a summer job.

I wish everybody who’s graduating the best of luck – I know it’s a tough world out there, but once there’s a foot on the career ladder, it’s just a matter of climbing.

One Reply to “Graduation Incoming”

1. Best of luck to you too. I graduate July 21st at 3pm, whilst I am looking forward to it I’m also dreading saying goodbye to my friends and to Edge Hill University 🙁