What to buy this summer?

With summer nearly here, it’s time to start thinking about next year. Whether you’re moving away from home or commuting, there will be some purchases that are necessary for your first year at EHU.

So, for all the commuters…

If you’re travelling by train I recommend investigating into a railcard or buying a specific ticket to keep your costs down. At first being hit with a huge amount (something I experienced in my first year- £185) can seem like a complete rip-off, but in the long run it will work out cheaper and you’ll be glad you did it.

If you’re coming by car or bus I’d check travel routes and timings to make sure you will be able to get here on time.

And, for all the new arrivals into halls (or the occasional house)…

Moving away from home is exciting, BUT there is going to be so much stuff that you’ll need. You’ll even need the stuff your parents insist you take but you turn down. My top things to take are: a five way plug, a small bin for your room, a desk lamp, a medical kit, stationary, extra bedding, tea towels, as many bin bags as you can get your hands on, key documents (passport/birth certificate, driving license), a docking station, a hot water bottle, a door wedge and pictures from home (deep, but necessary for bad days).

So get packing and enjoy summer!

Until next time…:)