Birthday Celebrations!!!

Last weekend I celebrated my 21st birthday (and am now feeling extremely old!). I had the most amazing day, which I spent in the local area, trying out some new places and some old favourites. It was really busy but I enjoyed every minute.

In the morning (after I was spoilt rotten with presents!) I went into Liverpool with my housemates. We went to Central Perk (yes – like in Friends!) on Bold Street. I normally visit the Hatton Garden Central Perk, which looks so much like the set of Friends it’s insane! The Bold Street cafe wasn’t as accurate, but it was more spacious which was good because there was quite a few of us. I love that they have episodes of Friends playing all day, and I was even given my coffee for free as a special birthday treat which was really nice!

Us at Central Perk!
Us at Central Perk!

After Central Perk we went to YO! Sushi in Liverpool One. I’ve only had sushi once before, and it’s definitely an acquired taste, but I really enjoyed it and I just love the feel of the restaurant with all the dishes going round on a conveyer belt!

YO! Sushi
YO! Sushi

We then came back to Ormskirk where I relaxed for a bit before my parents arrived. It was great to see them, especially after they travelled for eight hours to get here! That evening, I went out to dinner with my family to Salt and Liquor in Ormskirk. I have to say, the food is absolutely amazing and I wholeheartedly recommend it if you want some seriously tasty food.  Also, the service was really great!

Salt and Liquor
Salt and Liquor

After we’d eaten,  my friends joined us in Salt and Liquor for some cocktails, which we indulged in for the rest of the evening, getting rather merry and having the best time!