Transport links?

ormskirk train station
Ormskirk train station.

Whether you live on campus in your first year or commute from home you’ll probably at some point use the transport systems. During my first year I lived in the Unite accommodation in Liverpool and had to travel in using the train.

Ormskirk train station is really cute. The train lines link from Ormskirk- Liverpool and the opposite line goes towards Preston. The trains usually arrive every 15/20 minutes, so you wont be waiting around too long to travel in and out of the city.

bus
Edge Hill University Link Bus.

Once off the train, EHU provides a bus service. The Edge Hill link (EHL) completes a looping service of picking students up from just outside the train station and dropping them off just outside the university. From the train station it is about a 10/12 minute walk, so if you miss the bus don’t panic, it’s just straight up the road.

Ormskirk also has a good bus service, venturing to places such as: Southport, Wigan, Liverpool and St.Helens. I sometimes use the buses to travel to Burscough (a town next to Ormskirk) to donate blood every couple of months.

So make sure in your first year you taste the nightlife all around and do as much exploring as you can… when you’re not studying of course.

Until next time…:)

2 Replies to “Transport links?”

1. Hi Krystal! During my first year 185 Edge Hill students stayed in the Unite accommodation due to limited space on campus. EHU has improved accommodation capacity in the last two years and built a range of new accommodation buildings. To be honest I’m not 100% sure how many students travelled in from Unite accommodation this year, however if you ring 0300 303 8649 (Unite Cambridge Court number) I’m sure the staff will be able to advise you on this information! Don’t forget to check out EHU’s fantastic accommodation facilities at: https://www.edgehill.ac.uk/undergraduate/accommodation/ … If you have any other questions, please don’t hesitate to message me!
      Thanks, Jenny! 🙂