Feeling poorly at Uni, where can you go?

Often when you are at home there are a lot of people to look after you. I know that when I’m at home my mum is always there to be my 24 hour doctor! However, when you’re at Uni this is very different.

Don’t think that coming to Uni means there is no one to look after you, there are plenty of people on campus who are available to help. One example was during Fresher’s week. I was worried about being homesick when I started Uni but luckily I wasn’t at all. However, there were so many people that were advertising rooms that you can go to and people will be there to talk to you if you find you are feeling down about it. This is the same for any sort of problem you may find at Uni.

If you are poorly at Uni, Edge Hill has there own walk in centre about 5 minutes walk off campus on Ruff Lane. Here you can walk in and a nurse will see to you and advise what is best for you to do. I have been here so many times when I’ve not been very well and its just reassuring to have some advice.

Also at the walk in centre there are free STI’s testing kits and condoms available and you can go in anonymously and pick one up! It’s important that you remember about being safe whilst at Uni as it can sometimes be something you forget. However, it is reassuring to know that there are places for you to go and get support.

Also I have found that making friendships is so important at Uni because people will look after you when you’re not very well. I am a strong believer in if you treat people nicely they will do the same to you. Therefore if you look after people when they are not very well hopefully they will look after you. I can definitely say that all my friends at Uni are there for me when I’m ill or just need a hug. My advice would be don’t be afraid to ask as people are usually more than happy to help you!

One Reply to “Feeling poorly at Uni, where can you go?”

1. Thanks! If there is anything in particular you want to know about don’t be afraid to leave me a comment and I will be happy to help you out!
    Are you thinking of coming here in September or are you already a student here?
    Ellie