So, what’s the library like?

Books, books and even more books.

Uni is all about reading. Well, to be honest it’s about a lot more, but you get the gist. I always knew that reading would be a huge factor to my course (Sociology), but I never knew just how much reading I would be doing.

In the first year I thought spending money on books was the right way to go. It allowed me to annotate whenever I wanted, highlight everywhere and mark key passages. However in second year I had limited funds and couldn’t splash out £60 on a book, so I opted to go to the library and investigate what they had. To my surprise (and annoyance at my stupidity) they had every book I used in my first year… and around 5 copies of each.

EHU library!

EHU’s library is fantastic! The ground floor allows you space to complete group work, along with catering facilities to grab some lunch. First and second floor are where the main body of books are situated, with single and group study rooms available to book. On each floor there is a help desk, so if you’re like me and can never seem to find a specific book, you always have a helping hand.

If you’re looking for more subject resources the online library has a full database of texts, such as journals, electronic books and articles for everyone to read. There is also the LINC building for students to have access to even more computers.

ADVICE: Read as much as you can whenever you can.The more you know about your course subjects, the better your grade will be!

Until next time…:)