It’s Never Too Late

Before I got to UNI everyone used to make out as if like was a rush all the time. You had to apply for college before a certain date or that was it forever, and you had to pick your options before you even finished your GCSE’s and in college they always told us that UCAS deadlines where the most important thing, and that if you didn’t submit on time then UNI would not wait for you.

It’s not until you get to the thing that wouldn’t wait, that you find out it actually would have waited if you needed it to. I ended up taking the wrong subjects when i started college, because me at the start of year 11, was very different to me at the end of year 11. Luckily it all worked out and I restarted doing subjects I actually wanted to do.

I was pretty lucky that the degree I am doing is exactly what I want to do, and I am really enjoying it. But don’t be put off if you are made to rush. Take a year if you need to, it’s literally never too late. A girl I live with is 23 and has just started her degree. Even when you get to UNI if you don’t enjoy what you are doing, it’s not too late to change it. Now obviously it wont always be possible, because courses fill up and have different requirements, but if you need to take a year out to do something that you really enjoy then it would be well worth it.

Even now, you might not know if you want to go to UNI this September, but there will always be clearing, a friend of mine only decided he wanted to go to UNI right at the start of last September. The point I am trying to make is that you should never feel rushed, things will wait for you, and not doing everything right when you are “supposed” to do them, does not mean you have failed anyone, it just means you are making sure you make the right decisions.

This weeks song is one of my number one all time jams. And shamefully it’s the first time Beyonce has made an appearence. Its Freakum Dress.

Until Next Time 🙂