Ormskirk

Edge Hill is situated in Ormskirk. Although when I applied to Edge Hill, I’d never heard of ‘Ormskirk’ before! If I’m being honest when I came for the Applicant Visit Day, we only visited the uni and not the town centre! So I had no idea what my new town even looked like! (oops!)

So, the day after moving in day, myself and my flat mates all headed into Ormskirk on the uni bus (EL1). The bus journey is less than a 5 minute drive and is around a 15 minute walk to town from uni. We got off the bus and we headed into the centre. It is the cutest little town ever! There’s supermarkets like Tesco, Morrisons, Aldi, Iceland and Netto that are all near enough in the centre. There’s a few high-street shops like New Look, Dorothy Perkins, Boots, Superdrug and Body Care, along with card shops and post offices, bakeries, and charity shops.

It’s packed with some lovely pubs, a fair few little coffee and cake shops, big chain ones like Costa and some lovely little ones. There’s even a McDonalds and Subway, which is perfect food for hangovers! But for perfect little evenings out, there are some gorgeous restaurants, and carvery’s that you just need to try out when you get here!

And then there’s Liverpool a big city, around a 25 minute train journey, that is filled with more shops, pubs, clubs and a cinema! To be honest, being an Edge Hill student you get the best of both worlds! I love it and I love the fact I have a really wide choice of where I can go, because the train and buses are so close and so frequent.

One thing that seems to be very historic in Ormskirk is the Clock Tower. Every Thursday and Saturday there’s the traditional market, with around 100 stalls, ranging from food, flowers, furniture and clothing that are all set out around the Clock Tower. There’s such a good atmosphere and to be honest you can get some really good things from them!

I hope you will love it, as much as I do! 🙂

This slideshow requires JavaScript.