Applicant Days

When applying for university, there are always options of going to open days and applicant visit days to get a feel of the university and speak to the tutors about the course. If you haven’t visited a university choice, I would strongly suggest you do if you want to go there!

Today was the applicant visit day for prospective students on campus, and while I was in lessons I saw a lot of new faces exploring the campus – reminds me of the time when I visited the university!

When I came to visit the uni, I came for a general open day rather than a subject specific applicant day. The open day was a great way to get a feel for the university, as I got a campus tour and the chance to speak to tutors and current students about the course.

I volunteered to help on an applicant visit day just before Christmas, so I got to speak to students who have applied to the university. I was working in the networking pathway with a few other students and tutors, where we talked to students about the course, university life, how to focus on studies and also party at the same time! This applicant day also gave students an insight into the areas that will be covered while attending uni – we showed students how to encrypt and decrypt images into files and folders, so that it can be examined by forensics who can find images that may be indecent or criminal.

The applicant days are a huge success and I would strongly urge you to attend one if you haven’t already! Good luck with choices! 🙂