Sleep, I miss you dearly!

When I left home I said goodbye to a lot of things that had previously been a constant in my life. Family, friends, home luxuries and the one that breaks my heart the most… SLEEP! Obviously the goodbye would only be for a short while, as I would be home during the Christmas, Easter and summer period. However I feel like I haven’t slept in forever.

I don’t want to put you off uni, but say goodbye to sleep. For 3 years you are going to be sleep walking around, wondering what it used to feel like to have sleep in your life. During my first year I think I averaged about 5 hours per night. I’d say you’re tired 30% from uni (attending lectures and seminars, along with the workload), 60% from your social life (you’re a fresher so enjoy year one as much as you can!) and 10% from, well, even I don’t know what I was doing with my life the rest of the time… but this will be my anything else category (gym, travelling, work, etc).

My first year consisted of cheap vodka, drinking games (it’s safe to say ‘never have I ever’ and ‘ring of fire’ were practically routine when it came to pre-drinking) and partying 24/7 (exaggerating of course, but you get the picture). Heading into year 2 I thought I’d get my sleeping pattern back, blaming drunk me for losing it last year… but this was a mistake. Last year I thought the drunken-antics/partying/’go hard or go home’ attitude was the reason I was missing sleep so much, but it wasn’t. This year a lot has changed when it comes to my social life. We still go out (not as often) but uni is definitely our main priority. I think this year, my sleeping has been ruined from studying and spending more hours in the library than in bed. I only hope that I find it again soon. Roll on summer 2015 so I can sleep it away.

IMG_5014 IMG_3250

Dreading year 3’s sleeping pattern… but it’ll be worth it in the end, right?

Until next time…:)