21

On wednesday I celebrated my 21st birthday and seeing as I’m only going to be 21 once in my lifetime I was glad it was an occasion to remember. I celebrated by seeing the “Theory of Everything” with my best friend from back home and was blown away by how beautiful yet harrowing it was at times (I cried a total of 3 times during the screening we went to). It’s based on the memoirs of Stephen Hawking’s ex wife Jane and is centred around their life together with snippets of his efforts to find ‘a theory of everything (his still on going research into the beginnings of the universe – hence the title). It definitely deserves its Oscar nominations (for best male and best female lead amongst others) and I highly recommend it.

After seeing the film I went out for a curry at night with her, my immediate and extended family, family friends and my sister’s friends. I had a wonderful time and got some really good presents and lots of money 😀 I also went out on Friday night with my aunty to a place in Manchester called “Home Sweet Home” which sells american comfort food and it’s own in house cakes and milkshakes

The cake I had at home sweet home
The cake I had at home sweet home
The main course I had at home sweet home. Fried buttermilk chicken with sweet potato fries, BBQ sauce and apple coleslaw

On an end note, whilst it is back to reality for me this coming week (lectures resume for me on monday) I am continuing my birthday celebrations with my uni friends when I’m back overall my 21st birthday has been one of the best birthday’s I’ve had in a long time

Incase anyone was wondering, yes there were photos taken on wednesday and some of these are below 🙂

This slideshow requires JavaScript.