How to Manage your Time at University

One of the hardest things I’ve found in my second year of university is time management! Trying to juggle studying, part time jobs, work experience and still having a social life is a hard task to master, and its probably taken me till now to finally figure it out!
Obviously, the course always comes first, I’m a very career driven girl so for me, getting the grades and a good degree was always at the top of my ‘To do’ list. But then comes the part time job, with a shopping addiction like mine, I had to either get a job or live in a cardboard box, luckily I chose the first! I think finding the perfect part time job that fits in around your course is so hard, but the university offer so many great opportunities so definitely scout out the best options for you before you commit yourself to a check out 7 nights a week!
So I managed to juggle to two of those pretty well but then came the work experience, I think I probably went a bit over board on this one. If I could offer any advice, it would be don’t bite off more than you can chew! I tried and failed miserably! I attempted to try and do as much freelance work as a could, just to gain some experience, and sadly this is when I had to wave goodbye to my social life.
This last semester really made me realise whats important when juggling uni life. Yes, getting the grades is at the top, but these 3 years go so fast, so make sure you do keep the time for a social life, you’ll meet friends for life at university and you’d hate to look back and realise you wasted theses years locking yourself in the library and going to work! Societies will allow you to let your hair down and and throw yourself into something you’re passionate about, so do it! And will the right balance of everything you’ll come out as a better well rounded person, with amazing memories.
10653741_10152638683122677_2474903158789178652_n
Until next time 🙂