The Twelve Days of Christmas…

Guys, Christmas is nearly upon us, with only THREE sleeps until the big day! For me, Christmas is all about family. When I was little, my sibling’s and I literally wanted to see whether Santa had been at 3am. Even now, we still put milk and cookies out- and a carrot for Rudolph of course. We still look forward to Santa’s (dad’s) Christmas letter, that always gets left on the fireplace. We are still excited to wake up early, to open Christmas presents and to eat Christmas dinner. The older I get, the more Christmas becomes about giving and thanking those who have helped me in the past year. Without my family’s help, I would have arrived at uni without half the things I needed.

I thought I’d adapt ‘The Twelve Days of Christmas’ carol for future students coming to Edge Hill, so they know what small presents to ask Santa for, so…

On the first day of Christmas, Santa sent to me… One adaptable cable.- Believe me, you’ll need it. Between your hairdryer, laptop cables, printer cables, straighteners and phone charger you’re going to need as many sockets as possible.

On the second day of Christmas, Santa sent to me… One small bin.- I never thought I’d use mine, but it’s amazing how much rubbish is actually in your room.

On the third day of Christmas, Santa sent to me… One small desk lamp. – For that late night studying of course.

On the fourth day of Christmas, Santa sent to me… Stationary.- Your pens will play hide and seek with you too often.

On the fifth day of Christmas, Santa sent to me… A medical kit.- Hopefully you’ll never use it, but it’s better to have plasters than not to.

On the sixth day of Christmas, Santa sent to me… Tea towels.- These saved my carpet from spillages on one too may occasions.

On the seventh day of Christmas, Santa sent to me… Bin bags.- Get as many as you can, you’ll go through what seems like a million every week.

On the eighth day of Christmas, Santa sent to me… Key documents.- Don’t forget passport, driving license, bank statements, university application, etc…

On the ninth day of Christmas, Santa sent to me… A docking station.- Loudest speakers dictate who throws the best flat parties, simple.

On the tenth day of Christmas, Santa sent to me… A hot water bottle.- When fresher’s flu hits, you will thank me.

On the eleventh day of Christmas, Santa sent to me… A door wedge.- Keep your door open and you’ll start speaking to people a lot faster.

On the twelfth day of Christmas, Santa sent to me… pictures from home.- It actually will brighten your day.

Anyway hope this helps a little.

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!

Until next time…:)