Home Time!

Things are definitely winding down for the semester now and I can’t quite believe that next week it will be Christmas already! This semester has been a whirlwind for me and has just gone so fast. I have so much work to do over the Christmas break but I’ve planned it out so that I’ll have plenty of time to enjoy myself too. For now, I’m working on meeting my pre-Christmas deadlines and taking part in some festive activities.

The other week, I had my Christmas meal with my housemates. We had a broken oven so we decided to treat ourselves to a Christmas dinner at The Ship Inn in Lathom. The food was absolutely lovely and we all had a really great time. It was obviously not the cheapest option but if you have the budget to splurge a little Christmas really is the time to do it!

Our Christmas meal at the Ship Inn
After our Christmas meal at The Ship Inn

I’ve also now done all of my Christmas shopping and I think I’ve managed to do it fairly cheaply. My family and friends definitely understand that, as a student , I don’t have a lot of money to spend, but I always try my hardest to find the perfect present within my budget and, of course, it’s always the thought that counts.

Today I am heading home to Kent which is going to take me about five and half hours on the train but I am very excited and can’t wait to get there! I haven’t been home since August so a trip back is definitely long overdue.

I mostly can’t believe that I am halfway through the last year of my degree now. It has gone so incredibly quickly and I am already getting sad about leaving Edge Hill. But I’ve had the most wonderful time and my only advice to anyone who is just starting their degree or just about to is to try and enjoy every single moment because it’ll be graduation before you know it!