No-one can do absolutely everything themselves, after all we all need help with something from time to time. This is particularly true when you’re at university. At Edge Hill there are a number of different services who can offer you help whenever you might need it. They include
- The Careers Service – They offer advice on CV writing, applying for part-time jobs, volunteering and other employment opportunities. They also advertise vacancies through their Facebook page
- The Accommodation Team – Pretty self explanatory. They are in charge of matters related to living on campus and advertise off campus accommodation too.
- Student Union – They are can point you in the right direction if you’re not sure where to go for help and can offer advice on legal matters should they ever arise dying your time at university. They will also help you set up a society if there’s one your itching to create and run.
- Counselling Service – This is a service I’ve started accessing recently. They will help you with more personal matters and run workshops to help you improve your mental well being.
- Facilities Management – They are in charge of running the campus and based at the During Centre behind the Wilson building. If you ever need to put up a poster about something, ask them first.
- Departmental Tutors- As mentioned in my other blog on student support (here) when you first come to university you will be assigned a personal tutor from within your department who you can speak to on a one to one basis. You can also make appointments with tutors for specific modules if you need to talk someone about a particular piece of coursework whether it’s getting them to check an essay plan or discuss feedback with you. It is worth making use of this service.