Let’s not get ahead of ourselves now Jen…

IMG_0310It’s just occurred to me that I didn’t introduce myself properly in my first blog entry… and I don’t know how to feel about that (cry).12

Well, my name is Jennifer McAlister- but I’ll let you call me Jenny. I was originally born in Scotland, however due to my mum’s job I have moved around various parts of England. Where is my home? Widnes! It’s one of those places that if you’re not from there, you don’t wanna go, but nevertheless it’s still home.

This is the part where I usually drag on about what hobbies and interests I have, but I promise to make it as brief as I can. I LOVE MUFC.♥ Actually, it’s more than love if I’m being honest. I eat, breathe and sleep football. From as far back as I can rememIMG_3250ber I’ve been football mad and completely United mad… but let’s move on. I love music, TV shows (Sorry but Grey’s Anatomy just isn’t the same without Christina… FACT: I can quote every episode of friends, go me) and socialising with my friends.

Why did I pick Edge Hill University? For me it was an obvious choice. EHU provided me with the course and facilities I needed. The staff on open days went above and beyond to make me feel welcome. The campus pretty much sells itself and even on dark and gloomy days, it still feels like home. I am currently in my second year undertaking a degree in Sociology (BA Hons) and I love it. I’m still undecided what profession I want to go into after Uni, but I’m staying optimistic that between now and graduating I will have a life plan. I know I want to go into the public sphere and help people, but into which area? Who knows. After uni I want to take a gap year, volunteering in Africa for 6 months and then travelling for two months around Europe or the USA. So, the way I look at it, I’ve got ages to find who I wanna be. Too deep?

Anyway, that’s me in a nutshell. I’m going to post weekly blogs, filling you in on what Edge Hill University is like. Feel free to comment on any of my posts and I will respond as fast as I can!

Until next time…:)