Busy Busy Busy

Like a lot of third years at this time of year I am busy..very busy. Aside from preparations for Christmas (which will be upon us before we know it) I have the following to complete and submit before going home for two weeks

Applying Psychology to Lifestyle Behaviors Presentation

This is an poster presentation based on a health behavior that someone we know, wants to or needs to change in order to improve their overall health. I chose to interview my dad and ask him questions in relation to his weight as this is a topic that is relevant to me and I’m very interested in. For the assignment so far I have interviewed him, wrote up the interview findings and analysed them. I now need to design an intervention and critically discuss it and the theoretical model it’s based off as well as make sure the poster looks good and rehearse it before the 15th December.

Personality and Individual Differences Presentation/2000 word reflection 

Another presentation I have to do soon is for my personality and individual differences module. This is a group based presentation we have five made up candidates who are applying to the role of a sales manager. We each have to talk about who we’ve picked and why in relation to different theories of personality. In addition this there’s also a 2000 word reflection of the process and the presentation to be written and handed in by the same deadline of the 16th December.

Aside from the above I also have to gather data for my dissertation because I have now had the ethical clearance to do so but collecting data is proving a big challenge because I have to use sports coaches and their athletes and only one sports coach has said they’re interested so far. As well as these things I also need to start looking for literature (research papers) for the second substance misuse essay that is due at the beginning of January. I definitely have a lot to do!