Bellowhead

On monday night I went into Liverpool, where I met up with a friend of mine because back in March we’d booked to see the Folk band Bellowhead. Bellowhead are ten piece folk band who are more popular than you might think. Anyway me and my friend were originally meant to be seeing them at the Liverpool Philharmonic Hall, however a few weeks ago they announced they would instead be playing at the University of Liverpool Guild of Students Mountford Hall on the 10th November because the Philharmonic Hall was being renovated which was where we saw them on Monday night. Me and my friend managed to get there in really good time and got the last two seats on the front row, which as ace because we were very close to the stage 😀 During the concert they played a number of a total of 22 songs (they did an encore so fans got two extra songs at the end) and these are as follows

1. Roll Alabama Roll
  2. 10,000 miles away
  3. Cross-eyed and Chinless
  4. Betsy Baker
  5. Fine Sally
  6. Seeds of Love
  7. Jack Lintel
  8. I Want to See the Bright Lights Tonight
  9. Gosport Nancy
  10. Let Her Run
  11. whiskey is the Life of Man
  12. Black Beetle Pies/Trip to Bucharest
  13. Captain Wedderburn
  14. Moon Kittens
  15. Greenwood Side
  16. Let Union Be
  17. Rosemary Lane
  18. London Town
  19. Dance Tunes
  20. New York Girls
  21. Roll the Woodpile (Extended)
  22. Frog’s Legs and Dragon’s Teeth

Of those everyone was on their feet dancing by London Town and they really knew how to have a good time with us. I even managed to take some photos and the best one is below 🙂 It was a great night out and I definitely enjoyed every minute of it. Also if anyone wants to listen to these then don’t hesitate to look them on YouTube/iTunes/Spotify/SoundCloud because they’re really good!

This is the best photo I got of them, you can see the two founding members (Jon Speirs & Boden) quite clearly