Halloween Night Out

Now that my favourite night out of the year has been and gone I thought that it would be nice to write about it.

Like last year, my housemate and I decided to begin the festivities by baking Halloween cupcakes. I ate my own weight in cake mix and there are now sprinkles in crevices in the kitchen that I didn’t even know existed, but overall it was a lot of fun. We managed to get lots of Halloween themed cake decorations at Aldi, including slime-green frosting and zombie cake toppers.

We also picked up some cheap decorations from Aldi and the kitchen is now covered in ‘spooky’ paper chains. I predict that the decorations will still be up when it comes to moving out, along with the birthday decorations that have been up since August and the Christmas decorations that are soon to go up. Fortunately, three out of four of us are arts students, so we can probably get away with claiming that we’re simply expressing our creativity.

The night out was great- I always forget how busy it can be on Halloween and everyone’s costumes make it quite a surreal experience. The day afterwards I spoke to a taxi driver who said that it had been his busiest shift ever, and that he’d enjoyed driving zombies and witches about all night.

Probably the only person out in Liverpool on Halloween dressed as the Marauder's Map
Probably the only person out in Liverpool on Halloween dressed as the Marauder’s Map

I’m sad that it will be another year until Halloween, but there’s plenty more to look forward to. On Wednesday I’ll be going to see the fireworks at uni and Christmas is just around the corner. My main focus is to stay on top of my work so that I’m able to socialise and attend as many events as I can, guilt free.

fireworks edge hill