Society collaborations

Over the past few weeks or so the Doctor Who Society and Fantasy and Sci-Fi society (that I’m a part of) have been getting together on a Saturday night to watch, yep you guessed it Doctor Who on the big screen over in the hub. This can be booked out for use by Edge Hill students via the Student’s Union for society meetings, for instance the video gaming society use it on a weekly basis for playing video games in multi-player mode and the american Superbowl final gets shown on there too when it’s on. I started going to watch it with them around episode seven of the current series “Kill the Moon”, which features Peter Capaldi as the famous time traveler and Jenna Coleman as his companion Clara.

With them I have also watched

1. Mummy on the Orient Express (for someone who is interested in Egyptology this was a great episode)
  2. Flatline (there were quite a few funny bits to this episode which we all laughed out loud at, the Addams Family reference was my favourite!)
  3. In the Forest of the Night

Getting together with other people at University (who may or may not be on your course and in your year) to do things like this is a brilliant idea in my opinion. So should the above societies continue to do this next year when you’re at Edge Hill, it’s something I recommend you getting involved with 🙂