The Campus of Edge Hill

The Edge Hill Campus is one I am rather fond of and will be gutted to be leaving next summer. In a previous blog I talked about how Edge Hill is very picturesque, how the vibrant city of Liverpool is quite close and how old is being merged with new. In this blog I thought I’d talk about some of the buildings I have been spending time in so far this year

The Social and Psychological Sciences Building 

This is my departmental building where my tutors have their offices, I have my ‘Personality and Individual Differences’ seminar on a Tuesday and where there are laboratories both upstairs and downstairs that are used  for research purposes. These aren’t your typical labs with gas taps and other science equipment, they have computers in them and one of the downstairs ones houses the department’s eye tracking device. How cool is that?

My department building
My department building. I want my photo taken outside here when I graduate, of me pulling a funny face so I can caption it: here be mad scientists.

The library

Like a lot of students I spend time studying here, there are three floors and the majority of the psychology books are on the very top floor. There are also rooms which can be booked by groups or individuals if they want a bit more privacy when studying. I have been in the library a lot since starting uni, yet I have only just discovered this piece of wall art…

As If I've only spotted this recent. I think all students can relate to this ;)
As if I’ve only spotted this recently. I think all students can relate to this 😉
Where I like to study the most
Where I like to study the most- The library

The LINC

The LINC (Learning Innovation Center) is a 24/7 computer building where there’s two open access computer suites where you can go in work even in the early hours of the morning. I sometimes go in here to work and print stuff off.

The 24/7 study building. Home to students who like to work in the middle of the night (aka not me)

The Hub

The Hub is my favorite spot on campus, it boasts two eateries, a shop, computers on both floors and is a very popular hang out spot on campus.

My favourite place at Edge Hill University