It’s Almost Halloween!

Halloween is my favourite night out of the year so I like to start getting ready for it pretty early. I love fancy dress at the best of times but something about so many people going all out to look amazing gets me pretty excited. Currently I’m planning to dress as Princess Bubblegum from Adventure Time but from past experience I’ll probably change my mind a million times between now and the actual event. Last year I dressed as Bellatrix Lestrange and definitely felt in my element.

Bellatrix
Bellatrix

Halloween falls on a Friday this year, which is great for students and means that the clubs should be packed. Many of the clubs have themed nights and we’ve bought tickets to Waxxx at Camp and Furnace. I’m sure that the Student Union will be getting into the full swing of things as well.

Halloween isn’t just about nights out and can be celebrated in many different ways. I have big plans to decorate the house and last year my housemate and I made Halloween cupcakes. Another great way to celebrate Halloween is to stay in and watch scary films. I love a good slasher flick, so that may have to be on the agenda for this year.

Our cupcakes
Our cupcakes

Whether you’re a fan of going out or staying in I think that Halloween is a holiday that everybody can enjoy and I hope that there’s others out there as excited about the festivities as I am!