Good to be Back!

Yesterday was my first day back in lectures and seminars and it’s safe to say that I’m feeling a bit like a first year again. I feel like I’ve been off for so long that I need to get back into the routine of things and as some of my lectures now take place in rooms that I haven’t yet been in I’ve been wandering around looking as lost as some of the freshers! I’ve also been feeling a little nervous about meeting new lecturers, although if it’s anything like last year I’ll be feeling right at home again after a week or two.

One of the biggest adjustments for me this year is going to be travelling in from Liverpool instead of Southport. This morning I learnt the hard way how bad the traffic can be and from now on will be allowing a lot of extra time! The drive in from Southport was definitely a lot easier, but I know that it’s worth it to get to live in the city with my friends.

The most exciting thing about living in the new house is that our landlady has allowed me to get a hamster. I’ve named him Mushroom, and in spite of one quite painful bite to the finger that bled a lot I’m pretty enamoured with him. I realise that most hamster owners are young children, but as I grew up in more of a cat/dog house I’m finding this whole experience very exciting!

mushroom

Overall, I’m really glad to be back at uni. First year went so fast, so I’m a little worried that I may blink and find myself in third year. Until then my plan is just to take each day as it comes and to work as hard as I can to do well.