Enrolment and Dissertation Work

Well I am now a third year student, as on monday I re-enrolled via the student central ( where you can do things like update your details and submit your choices for any optional modules your course offers) part of the go edge hill portal . Whilst some third students will be nervous to have reached this stage, I’m determined to make this year my best ever year at Edge Hill university.  However it’s also scary knowing that this time two years ago I was getting ready to start Edge Hill as a fresher just you all will be now. How time flies!

My main focus for this year is my dissertation, as mentioned in a previous blog entry (here) this is the big research project I do in my final year (this year). My dissertation is on mental toughness in relation to stress experienced by sports people. Over the past few weeks I have been doing what’s known as a literature review. This is when you read up on a particular topic to find out what’s already out there in terms of theories and findings. When I am back on campus I’ll be going to see my supervisor to discuss my progress in these early stages. I shall of course be posting updates about my dissertation as the year goes on, so expect to see a few entries mentioning it.