Going Back

This is the last blog post that I’m going to write before I move back up to Ormskirk this weekend and I am beyond excited! I can’t wait to see all my friends again, and I just miss the town and campus so much.

I’ve been really busy recently with packing and generally getting ready to go back. The amount of stuff that I own is really unbelievable but I’m trying to cut it down. Whilst sorting through all my things, I stumbled across all my books from last year. I can’t quite believe I read all of these books in such a short space of time.

20140819_140633

The eagle-eyed among you may spot Twilight amongst those books – yes, it really was on my reading list! If you’re studying English Literature, there is an amazing range of texts that we get to study and it means that everyone finds at least one book (but often more) that they enjoy. And all of my class definitely enjoyed dissecting Twilight!

So on Sunday I will be doing the five or six hour drive with my parents from where I live in Kent to Ormskirk. I always worried before I moved how I would cope with travelling the long distance to get home when it came to the holidays, but once I’d figured the trains out it all became like second nature and it’s not daunting at all now. I also love the sense of independence that it gives me.

If you’re planning on doing a lot of train travel, I’d definitely recommend investing in a student railcard which gets you 1/3 off the price of your train fare. If you’re interested, you can read more about that here.