Results Day

Results day is only a few weeks away now, and for those of you who are waiting to find out whether or not you have got the grades to get a place at your university of choice it can be a very nerve-wracking time (or at least, that’s how I remember it). I dealt with my nerves by making sure I had everything prepared for when results day came around, so I thought I would share with you what I did.

Firstly, make sure you have all your UCAS Track login details handy. There’s nothing worse than plucking up the courage to see if you’ve got in and discovering that you’ve forgotten your password. It’s also probably best to make sure you have a lot of time put aside on results day, should you, for whatever reason, need to contact universities about your application. This can be a long and very stressful process because universities are understandably very busy on this day, so needing to rush out will not make this any easier.

I also found it helpful to read up on all the possible scenarios that could happen on results day, as there are a number of things that can happen if you currently hold a conditional offer with a university. You could be offered a place on either your firm or insurance choice, you might be offered an alternative course by the university you applied to, or you might not get a place and have the option to go through Clearing. It is a good idea to read up on your options beforehand so that you are well informed should anything happen. Here is the UCAS information page about Clearing. If you do better than expected, firstly congratulations, but secondly you might be interesting in finding out about other courses with higher entry requirements than your firm choice. The UCAS Adjustment service allows you to do this, and to possibly change which university you go to. If you would like to read more about Adjustment, you can do so here.

I still remember how scary A Level results day was and nothing can really make that fear go away until you see Track for yourself on that day. But I think it is really important to remember that if things don’t go the way you originally planned, it isn’t the end of the world. There are so many other options, and I am a firm believer in the saying ‘everything happens for a reason’. Best of luck to you all!