A Night in the City

I recently spend an evening out in Liverpool where I went out for dinner (or ‘tea’ if you’re northern…whatever you call the last meal of the day) and then to the cinema.

For dinner I headed to Cravings, a place that I quickly became obsessed with after I was taken there at the beginning of the year. I like to consider this place one of Liverpool’s hidden gems. It’s quite popular with students, and even though it’s not the biggest place I’ve never struggled to get a table. It also does takeaways too, which is handy if you live nearby.

IMG-20140514-00217

You can get a main meal and drink there for less than £4 which is always great news for students. What’s more, the portion sizes and taste are not at all compromised to make it cheap. I always struggle to finish my meal and everything I’ve eaten there is delicious. Cravings also do some of the best milkshakes I’ve ever had. You can choose a type of sweet or chocolate from their wall and they’ll blend it in to a milkshake for you. If you’re interested in stopping by and know the area, Cravings is situated up Mount Pleasant, near Liverpool Central station.

Here's the double burger that my boyfriend ordered. I think he considers it to be his own kind of Man v. Food type challenge...
Here’s the double burger that my boyfriend always orders. I think he considers it to be his own kind of Man v. Food type challenge…

After I was finished eating, I headed over to the Odeon in Liverpool One to see The Amazing Spider-Man 2. (James wrote a great blog on the film which you can read here!) It was actually the second time I’d seen it but I absolutely loved it the first time and I still felt the same after seeing it again. The Liverpool One Odeon is really spacious and clean, with lots of big screens and different viewing options. I was tempted to buy a D-Box ticket, which is where the seats move in sync with what you see happening on the screen. Unfortunately my budget wouldn’t stretch that far but I am very keen to try it out at some point soon!

IMG-20140514-00219