Student House

Moving in to a student house is really exciting. Whilst halls are a great way to get settled in to living away from home, I think living in a student house is a brilliant next step. Choosing who you live with, having more responsibility for keeping everything clean, watching how much you spend on bills; it’s all quite different from halls but I’ve really enjoyed the experience this year. Rather than possibly boring you all with tales of my shenanigans, I thought it might be interesting to show you what my student house looks like.

IMG-20140506-00191

This is our little bungalow from the outside. I think it’s kind of cute.

IMG-20140506-00195

Our living room, somewhat tidier than usual. This is where I spend most of my time, normally watching Jeremy Kyle.

IMG-20140506-00187.The kitchen. It gets in a state every now and again but that’s students for you.

IMG-20140506-00190

My room which is one of the smallest of the 6 in our house but I love it anyway. I couldn’t take a picture of the other half of the room because I’m too ashamed of the mess but I also have a chest of drawers and a shelf buried somewhere under all the clothes.

IMG-20140506-00194

One of our two bathrooms (the other one is pretty much identical).

IMG-20140506-00193

Our garden: which is…garden-y?

In case anyone wants an idea of how much a house costs, we each pay £90 a week which includes bills, but obviously this will vary between houses.