Student Life!

So this week I’m going to talk about my personal experiences of life as a student at Edge Hill university. It’s been an amazing year as a fresher, and I’ve thoroughly enjoyed it!

I began in September and we had many freshers week events that I attended – this was a fantastic way of meeting new people and getting to know flatmates and coursemates much better.

After we had settled in to the university a few weeks later, I had made some good friends and had a close group which was good. I joined some societies during the freshers fair on the first week – this helped me to meet some more people across campus and get myself involved in more activities. I also started to play badminton on a Sunday with my flatmates for a while, and used the swimming pool on campus every now and again to try and keep myself healthy!

I also enjoy the occasional cheeky night out with friends, whether it is just campus bar or liverpool. This is a great way to just relax and chill after a long stressful week!

More recently, I’ve taken up swimming at the pool in town rather than on campus, purely as it’s bigger and gives me the exercise to walk into town!

I have also volunteered to help within the computing department on open days, applicant days and any other events that may occur throughout the year. I hope this benefits potential students as I can give my side of the story rather than a tutors!

I will also be volunteering in a secondary school to gain some work experience, so this will benefit me hugely in the fact I’d like to apply for a PGCE course in the future.

And finally, I love to just spend time with friends playing monopoly and watching films – it’s a great thing to do when we all chill together with a dominos pizza and a couple of drinks!