Free Time and Student Life

The workload is heavy, but there’s also a lot of time to make friends and to have fun while at university. Here are fun things to get up to…

Societies

As an avid Harry Potter fan I have joined the Harry Potter society. I haven’t been able to attend every event, but they have hosted quizzes, wizard duels, potion lessons (or cocktail mixing, as it’s more commonly known), film screenings, and before the Christmas break they hosted a Yule Ball that ended with drinks in the SU bar.

City Centre

Being so close to Liverpool is great, and it’s always worth the short train ride if you want to go shopping. There are also museums and art galleries, and on hot days walking along the docks is really nice (and great for photos if you or your friends are photography-types).

free time blog 3
Walking back from the Tate art gallery my friend decided to take some photos…
free time blog 5
Me on a boat doing a bad Titanic impression

Night LifeĀ 

I really enjoy nights out and, although money is tight, as a student I still try to go out at least once a week. One of my favourite parts of any night out is ‘pre-drinks’. I meet up with my friends a couple of hours before we’re going out and we get ready together before playing drinking games and catching up.

free time blog 1Spontaneous Shenanigans

One of the most fun ways to spend your free time is by stepping out of your comfort zone and into the unknown. A couple of months ago I was heading home from uni looking forward to dinner and a film in bed when I got a call from a friend asking if I wanted to come with her to an art show….

Next thing I knew I was dressed as a fairy and posing with a unicorn...
Next thing I knew I was dressed as a fairy and posing with a unicorn…

Uni can be whatever you make it, and if you’re willing to try new things you’re sure to have a great time.

Oh, and the pictures came back from the ball that I blogged about last week and I feel the need to share everywhere the evidence that I can act civilised…

free time blog 2