The Child From Yesterday…

One of my absolute favourite bands is the band “My Chemical Romance” and one of their songs is called “Kids From Yesterday” and I am just that. I have been 20 for just over a month and I’m not a kid anymore. Not only that I am now roughly at the half way stage in my degree and I have to tell my tutors which optional modules I’d like to study next year soon. Also on Wednesday my “Applying Psychology” lecture was centred around careers and the importance of third year for deciding what we want to do after graduation and how the Edge Hill University Careers Centre can help students with their plans. So I thought I’d write this entry on my future plans at this moment in time.

Modules

About a week ago everyone on my course received an email about picking our optional modules for next year. After looking at the booklet for my course which details all of the optional and compulsory modules, that will be running next year I have decided that I would like to study:

1. Clinical & Abnormal Psychology
  2. Research Technology and Tools
  3. Applying Psychology to Lifestyle behaviorurs

I mentioned third year modules in one of my previous entries (see http://blogs.edgehill.ac.uk/insideedge/2013/12/30/reflections/), but having looked at the booklet that was posted up online I decided to study “Applying Psychology to Lifestyle Behaviours” alongside the ones I already knew I wanted to study.

After Graduation 

Next summer my time as an Edge Hill Psychology student will come to an end 🙁 This makes me realize that I am going to have to have plans as to what I want to do. My first career path choice is Research Psychology where I’d conduct my own research or work with an established researcher to assist them with their research. Having looked up other choices online I may also decide to become a Health Psychologist. They help people to overcome health issues like: smoking, alcoholism, drug addiction and eating disorders (e.g. obesity and anorexia). Both paths interest me but for now I am concentrating on getting my degree.