The Warehouse Project, Prodigy Style

The Warehouse Project is a series of club nights within a warehouse in Manchester where a mixture of artists performs at each event. Last Friday I went for the first time and I saw The Prodigy and Jaguar Skills amongst other artists and DJs that I didn’t know but really enjoyed.

Setlist

For anyone who isn’t into that kind of music I would still recommend that they give events like this a chance. In my own time I rarely listen to dance or drum and bass, preferring to listen to rock and indie, but I find that events like this aren’t just for fans of a particular genre; they’re for music fans in general.

From my experience, anybody who likes music festivals and nights out would fit in well at The Warehouse Project; everyone was really friendly, united in their love of the music, and the atmosphere was great. As we waited for each act I could feel the excitement building in the crowd. I think anyone who’s into that kind of music, thinks that they may enjoy that kind of scene, or just wants to try something new should make the trip.

Me and my best friend waiting for The Prodigy to come on

From Ormskirk Station to Trafford Park or Deansgate it will take a little over an hour, and then a taxi will cost around £4 from either of those stations to the venue. Alternatively, if there’s a designated driver in the group it’s an easy drive. The taxi home can be quite expensive, so it might be a better idea to book a hotel and to get the train back in the morning. There is a Premier Inn a five minute walk away and a youth hostel a ten minute taxi ride away.

I really loved The Warehouse Project and hope to attend again soon. The Prodigy were incredible and really reminded me why I love live music. Unfortunately, I’m a little too short to have seen much of what was happening on stage, but I still had a brilliant time dancing and singing along. It was a really great way to end my first semester at university.

Prodigycrowd