Elisha’s blog- Graduation celebrations

I officially graduated last week with a first class BSc Biology (Hons) degree. I had a lovely day and it was a great seeing all my course friends and lecturers again !

Graduation is when your award is presented and a day in which you get to celebrate your achievements and hard work. I was really nervous about graduation at first but the staff at Edge Hill done a great job of ensuring that everything ran smoothly. The day began with a greeting from a happy chap who gave us a lift in a little buggy from the car park (which I was very thankful for as the heels on my shoes were quite high !); I then collected my hat and robe which was hired from Wippells, and they had staff ready to pin everything in place for us. Once I was ready with the appropriate academic dress, I got some photographs taken with my family and then registered. We then had a bit of time before the ceremony to relax and enjoy the campus with friends and family. The ceremony itself lasted about an hour, which was then followed by refreshments in the Hub !

It was such a lovely day and we were very lucky that we had such nice weather 🙂 It was a great way to end an amazing three years at uni. I felt proud of my achievements and so relieved that all my hard work had paid off… but I was also a bit sad knowing that it’s all over 🙁

Here’s a pic of me on my graduation and of the Biology class of 2013.

Graduation photo    Biology graduation photo