Alex’s Blog – Great News!

Yesterday I was given probably the best news I’ve ever had.. I have been offered a place on the Secondary PE PGCE at Edge Hill. This is something I have been working towards for a long time and is the next step to becoming a fully qualified PE teacher, so needless to say I was absolutely over the moon! Especially considering how competitive it is to gain a place now, everyone who has got on should be really proud.

If anyone else was thinking of becoming a teacher after finishing their undergraduate degree, this would be the sort of route you could go down. However Schools Direct is becoming a more popular option with the current government. This involves working in a school for a year and training as a teacher that way rather than staying in full time education. With more places are being given to Schools Direct options and being taken away from PGCE’s, that may well overtake the PGCE route in the near future..

I am so pleased to be staying at Edge Hill for another year as I feel that I can reach my full potential here and the staff are truly second to none. Although a PGCE is much more time consuming, I am looking forward to getting stuck into it and developing even further as a teacher!

Alex 🙂