Faye’s Blog – Campus

Before applying to come to Edge Hill University I also looked at UCLAN and Manchester. That involved looking around the university’s. The major issue I had with those university’s was their location and how big and busy everything seemed. So that put me off them completely!

When I came to look round Edge Hill, yes it seemed busy because it was an open day, but everything was all in one area, everything was well sign posted and I knew that it wouldn’t take too long to learn my way around the place.

The campus is also very beautiful and calm, there are plenty of places to just chill out and relax in between lectures or when you have some spare time. For example, there are various seating areas in the main building and The Hub’s upstairs area has comfy couches where you can sit with friends and have a catch up and if it is a nice day you can go and sit near the pond or on the grass areas on campus, which is lovely!

Essentials that are on campus are, laundry services, a bar, swimming pool, library, 24 hour computer access, gym and outdoor sports facilities.

If you want to explore outside the campus town is only a short walk away so everything else isn’t so far, supermarkets, clothing stores, pubs, clubs and the train station etc.